Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Round and round we go, where we stop (if we stop) nobody knows

Spring and summer has been as busy as can be.  Band concerts, school ending, camps, and so much more, I haven't had time to blog.  So rather than boring you all with a long post, I am posting pictures and I will give you a quick recap of summer so far.

Our fisrt adventure was Jayce and Alek's first band concert. Jayce plays the trombone and Alek plays the clarinet. Both are very good, but Alek has decided it's not for him and won't be continuing on with it. Jayce on the other hand loves it and wants to play every chance he gets. It gets loud at our house when he decided it's time to practice.

We attempted a drive to Flaming Gorge to see the tubes shooting water from the dam, but poor Alek got sick and threw up in the truck on the way there. So we stopped and got him a coke, and some pepto, and headed home. But not before Jayce and I savored the moment with a snap shot of us.
Our second attempt to Flaming Gorge was a sucess. The water was cold, and the tubes shooting the water was awesome and overwhelming. It was a fun day, and the scenery was beautiful!
Then Jayce and Alek attended Timberline NYLT scout camp.  This was a week long youth leadership training camp.  The boys loved it.  I missed them while they were gone.  That is until I got there and was parking.  Jayce decided to barrell into the car as I was backing up.  It made a horrible noise and I thought I hit a car.  I looked out my window and saw Jayce laughing his head off.  It scared me to death and I wanted to kill him.  Feelings of missing him were replaced with wanting to hurt him.  After I settled down, I was able to laugh about it and gave him a big hug.   Alek, however, hugged me and didn't stop for about a minute.  It was a very tender moment that made me tear up a little.  I love my boys! 1 camp down 3 to go.
Last week we hung out at Vernal's one and only outdoor pool and waterslide, The Big Kahuna. It was a blast and we had great company. The boys went with Isaac and Hunter. These four boys have been friends since they were born and have an awesome friendship. I couldn't get a picture of Isaac and Hunter, but I will get them next time for sure!

These are a few of the things we have done.  For the most part life has been fun filled and busy!  We still have a ton planned and hope to get through it all before the summer ends.  Our family leaves for Philmont this Friday.  Grant is way more excited for it than I am, but I am trying to be a good sport and smile.  It's just that I haven't slept in a tent in over 10 years, and I really don't want to start now.  Doesn't look like I have much of a choice.  Oh well,  I am excited for the fun family times we are going to have and the two hotel stays in between. 
Two weeks after we get back all three boys pack up AGAIN and head to scout camp with our ward.  Like I said we are busy.  At least the boys are. 
There you go, the Schiess family summer so far in a nut shell!

No comments: