July 24th was a crazy day! When Grant was called as the Stake Young Mens President he was given the task of organizing Vernal's Scout-O-Rama. It was a challenge and it brought just an iddy bit if stress, but the Scout-O-Rama was a great success. Grant did a great job and there was lots of fun to be had. It looked like everyone that came had a great time. There was face painting, balloon tying, miniature golf, wood working, and much, much more.
Jayce and Alek ran two booths. Alek ran the merit badge memory game, and Jayce manned the nail stacking booth. They both got their pictures taken for the news paper, but only Jayce made the final cut!
The three boys also marched in the Vernal City parade in honor of 100 years of scouting. It was very fun to watch them walk down main street with about 100 or more boys shouting "BSA, 100 years" It actually brought a tear to my eye.
Below is the newspaper article that was in The Vernal Express about the Scout-O-Rama.
Scouting celebrates 100 years - Vernal.com - The Vernal Express
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
Top 10 things that make me smile everyday...
10. My family! even though we are spread out, I love that I can talk to each one whenever I want. Either by phone, text, email, or Faebook!
9. My beautiful home
8. My garden growing delicious vegetables
7. My chickens
6. Talking to my mom!
5. The ability to love, the ablilty to be loved, and the ability to laugh. I love to laugh!!!
4. Going to the temple with my best friend.
3. My two wonderful, amazing, adorable, loving boys!
2. Grant! Seriously, I don't know how I got so lucky!
1. That I am a daughter of God, and that my self worth is not based on the worldly things in life, but my Heavenly Father's love for ME!!!
Posted by Schiess family at 10:32 AM
Thursday, July 8, 2010
I never have to go to McDonalds again!!!I hate McDonalds, but I LOVE their chicken nuggets. Weirdness, I know!!! However, I never have to go to McDonalds again. I figured out how to make chicken nuggets almost exactly the same way as McDonalds. And they are soooo delicious! YAY!!! They even look like McDonalds chicken nuggets. (See above picture) My kids loved them, Grant loved them and I loved them. The best part is that they are super easy to make! Maybe I will save a little bit of money!
Posted by Schiess family at 3:18 PM