Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Eggs coming out my...EARS

When we fisrt decided to get chickens we started with three pullets. In my head three eggs a day sounded like a good deal. Then we found out one of our hens was a rooster. And all of the sudden two eggs a day seemed like a small number!  I WANT MORE!!! SoOoOo...I got two more hens. NOW, we get 4 eggs a day, 28 eggs a week, and roughly 120 eggs a month. What was I thinking ??? I should have stuck with the two. But, I have been able to give eggs to people in my neighborhood and ward, and that makes me feel good. I am also learning all sorts of ways to make eggs and preserve them.  It has been a fun adventure and I actaully love the chickens. 
Except Cleo!  He's naughty! 



Charlie
Beautful, but shy!


Pearl
Super hyper and runs all over the coop sqwaking!



Rex
She is supposed to be sweet and calm,
but she doens't really like us to touch her,
look at her, or talk to her.  Especially when
she is laying an egg!  Watch out... 
 
Six
 the sweetest chicken in the world!
She runs to us everytime we come out
and always thinks she deserves a treat!
And, she usually gets one!
Six is our favorite chicken! 

Cleo
The horrible, mean, no good rooster!
Actually, I think he is beautiful and I love hearing his crow.
He's just mean, charges at me and tries to peck me to death! 
So for that, he will soon be dinner on my table!
That will teach him to charge me and peck at me! 
Take that rooster!

5 comments:

Our ABC Family said...

This is Bryan!!! I love your character profiles of the chickens, too funny!!!! I wish we could have chickens here!! I can't wait to have our own place.

Stephanie said...

I wish I lived closer! Odette will actually ask to eat eggs almost every day! I think it is great that you have them and enough to share the extras. I learned once that you could dip eggs in mineral oil and store them in a dark place, doesn't have to be the fridge and they are good for up to a year.

Meg 'n Heath said...

fun!! ill take some of those eggs off your hands!! lol thats so fun

Katie said...

you've almost got me convinced to get some chickens!! I hate how the price of everything at the grocery store just keeps going up.

Marissa said...

Liz, we use to get 9 eggs a day and it was insane. We had eggs up the wazoo. I'm kind of glad we don't have to deal with that anymore... for now. Good luck with all your eggs. You'll find that many people are willing to pay and arm and a leg for farm fresh eggs, if you're interested in going that route.