Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

All I Need To Know I Learned in Primary

I am a Child of God
Believe in Christ
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Choose the right
Where love is, there God is also
Cleanliness is next to Godliness
Forgive & Forget
Give oh Give
Listen to the still small voice
Count your many blessings
Do the things the Lord Commands
Honor your father & mother
Dare to be true
Kindness begins with me
Families are Forever
Search, Ponder & Pray
Listen to the prophets voice
Jesus said love everyone
When you are helping you are happy
Heavenly Father hears & answers prayers
There is beauty all around
Reverently & quietly pray
Sunday is special
Do your duties with a heart full of song
My body is a temple
HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES ME !!!
I'm not gonna lie, primary is the place to be.  I love primary with all my heart, and would stay in for the rest of my life if I could.  It is rewarding no matter where you serve in the primary.  I love the children and their sweet, innocent testimonies.  I love to watch them grow and become more confident in the gospel.  But most of all I LOVE it when they give me hugs, and high fives, and tell me that they love me. It brings joy to my heart and a tear to my eye.  
I LOVE PRIMARY!!!   
Sunday was a bitter sweet day for me.  After almost 3 1/2 years I was released as the primary president.  If you ask me if I am ok, I will tell you I am great!  I feel relieved, and I feel like a stress has been lifted from my shoulders.  But in my heart I am sad.  I loved so very much being in primary each and every week.  I have been in primary for 13 years.  It's my place.  It's where my homies, and my peeps are.  But I know the Lord has a plan for me, and this part of the plan has been completed.  I get to move on to something new.  I think the hardest thing for me (besides not getting the hugs and high fives) is not working with the phenomenal women in my presidency anymore.  I have learned so much from each of them.  I was blessed to work with Carlene as my 1st counselor.  Carlene is by far the most patient, loving, and kind person I know (besides my mom).  She loves unconditionaly and has such a sweet, humble spirit about her. Aburey was the 2nd counselor.  I think I learned the most from her.  She has such empathy for everyone she meets.  She never thinks negatively and always has something nice to say about EVERYONE.  She has been  such an example to me, and I would love to have just an ounce of her faith, love, and sense of humor!  I could go on and on.  She is amazing!!!  And then there is Susan, she served as the secretary!  I love Susan.  She is so strong, and noble, and has more integrity in her little pinky finger than most people have in their entire body.  She has one of the sweetest testimonies I have ever heard.  Susan loves everyone, and is everyone's friend.  I am honored that we are friends.
Each of these ladies were such a blessing to work with, and a blessing in my life.  I am grateful for their hard work and dedication.  I love each of them and want to thank them for giving me the best presidency ever! 
In my 3+ years I learned to laugh, I learned to love, I learned to turn to the Lord and ask for help, I learned to deligate, and I learned to lead.  But it wasn't without the help of many.  I would be very ungrateful if I didn't take the time to thank each of amazing women that served for a time in the presidency.  Sharon, is amazing, and super dedicated to everything she does.  I am thankful that we have stayed friends and that we still get to see each other.  Laurie, she is one of my best friends, and I am so blessed to have been able to serve with her.  She taught me more than I have time to write.  Elizabeth, I miss her!  We were so much alike and we just connected on so many different levels.  We had so much more than just our names in common.  Megan, she is very quiet. I truly enjoyed our time together.  She taught me a lot about loving myself.  Brynne, such a spit fire.  I loved her "go get 'em" attitude.  She was so efficient, and loved what she did.  Kami, was such a joy to be around.  I was really sad when she moved.  She loved primary and you could tell. 
I guess only time will tell what's next for me.  I can only hope and pray it's in the primary, but my heart tells me otherwise.  It will be interesting to say the least!  I look forward to spending time in Relief Society.  I have only attended a handful of times since I turned 18.  Mostly because I have been in primary, but also because it scares me.  I really have nothing to offer the women, and it makes me nervous to be in a room full of women.  Maybe I will try Elders Quroum, I am much more comfortable there. Ha Ha.  All teasing aside, Relief Society will be an exciting new adventure for me.  I am nervous, but I know the Lord will bless me, and I know he wants me there.  So, "I will go, I will do the thing the Lord commands, I know the Lord provides a way, he wants me to obey" Just one more thing I learned in primary!

No comments: