Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

This little piggy had pigs in a blanket...

Dinner at my house is not the most exctiting time of the day. My children (not including Grant) are extremely picky little eaters. I struggle to to find food that they will eat, that isn't corn dogs, mac and cheese, or grilled cheese sandwiches.
Last night I found a winner (I hope). And because I am so excited I am sharing it with you.
I have made pigs in a blanket more than a few times and my kids have never really enjoyed them. They pick out the hot dog, or they eat the bread, or sometimes just stare at them. So yesterday as I was thinking about what to make for dinner, I thought I would try again. Except this time I used the boys favorite bread recipe and cheese stuffed hot dogs. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. For the first time in a really long time Jayce and Alek ate dinner (all of it) without complaining. I even served pea's with it and they ate them. I don't know maybe it was just a fluke, maybe the stars were aligned just right , or maybe it was the moon phase, who know's! I am holding out hope though that I have found a dinner that I can make often and that my kids will enjoy.

2 comments:

Our ABC Family said...

They look very yummy! :) Way to go!

Katie said...

I don't usually eat pigs in a blanket, but these look really yummy!! It's always nice to find things that EVERYONE in the family will eat without complaining. Good job Liz :)