Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Little Bit

Wheaten Old English Game Bantam Rooster


Well, as you know my rooster Cleo is no longer with us.  We put ourselves out of misery.  I loved Cleo and I was sad that we had to kill him, but he was just to aggresive.  In fact the day he died he tried attacking Jayce.  If Grant had not stepped in front of him I am pretty sure Jayce would have had some pretty nasty cuts and scraped on his face.  This event may have lead to his demise.  Up to that point I was fighting for his life (kind of.  I knew he had to go, I just kept putting it off) After he went after Jayce I told Grant let's just get it done.  It was an emotional thing.  Poor Jayce had the privilege of holding his neck as Grant whacked it off.  When it was all done, Jayce looked at Grant and said, "can I have a minute in my bedroom?"  and when Grant said that was fine he looked at Cleo and said, "poor guy, it didn't have to be like this."  It was so cute and tender.  Alek, well, he didn't stay for the event at all.  It was to hard for him so he watched out the window.  Poor boys.  As a mom I knew I had to do something.  Instead of making the boys watch Grant gut and clean him, we hopped in the car and went for a drive.  We just happened to end up at a chicken breeder's farm, and we just happened to find the most beautiful bantam rooster and hen, and we just happened to bring them home.  I'm not so sure Grant was thrilled about it, but I assured him that our new rooster "Little Bit" was not aggressive and would be the perfect addition to our beautiful hens, along with our new bantam hen "Zeb"  So he let us keep them.  Unfortunately our hens HATED, with an extreme passion, Zeb, and tried eating her.  I know that sounds gross right?  But they were attacking her to the point that she bled, then they got the taste of her blood and were literally trying to eat her.  So poor little Zeb found a new home.  No, not in heaven!!!  We took her to my friend who has nice chickens that wouldn't try to eat her.  Last I checked on her shew was as happy as she could be. 
ANYWAY, so now we have a wonderful 3 year old  Wheaten Old English Game Bantam Rooster.  And I LOVE him.  He has a beautiful crow, and has the most gorgeous colors in him.  The picture above is not him, but is very similar, although I think mine has a bit more color and a lot more personality.  This is him below.  You can't see him very well, but you get the point!
I never thought I could or would fall in love with chickens, but I have.  They are like pets with benefits!

No comments: