Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Ready or not...

Well, here we are, another school year.
Jayce and Alek are going in to the 5Th grade. I can't believe it. This is their last year of elementary.
When we registered them they were in different classes (per last years teacher's recommendation), but we had to make some adjustments that put them in the same class with their best friend Aaron. Sorry Mr. Hunting!
This is sure to be a great year. It's been a little emotional for me. My boys are growing up way to fast. By this time next year they will be passing the sacrament and preparing to enter into middle school.
I guess when I had kids I didn't prepare myself for them to grow up. I never imagined myself as a mother of pre-teens, let alone teenagers. I just expected them to be babies forever. Of course they have a different agenda. Alek reminds me on a daily basis that he is no longer a baby, and that he can do things on his own. More often than not you can hear Alek saying "I'm not a baby anymore mom I can do it myself!" It breaks my heart that thhe don't need their mom to do things for them anymore, but at the same time I love watching them grow into independent young men.
My boys make me smile and make my heart happy. They constantly amaze me at how grown up they are becoming. I worry all the time that they will make good choices and friends, and they always do. I am so proud of them.
They are becoming quite the comedians too. Just last night I heard them whispering to each other "no, no, don't tell mom, we can tell her in the morning", of course that sparked my interest. I asked them "what do you want to tell me!" Alek quickly responded "how awesome you are mom!" What a smart "Alek". I was laughing to hard to ask them what they really wanted to tell me. I guess I will never know. I think that was the plan.
I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable school year. Don't forget to kiss your kids, and tell them how much you love them every morning as they walk out the door.

1 comment:

Jenzette said...

Why do they have to grow up??