Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Happy Birthday Jayce and Alek...

11 years ago I was 7 months pregnant and excited for the arrival of mine and Grant's twin boys! On the evening of August 9, 1998 I went to bed just like every night. I woke up at mid-night when I thought I wet the bed, then quickly realized that my water had broken. Shocked, excited, and scared, we called the hospital to let them know we would be arriving. I was admitted to the hospital shortly after 12:30 a.m. and Dr. Larsen came to asses the situation. He was a little nervous at how early they were, but assured me that with current technology the boys had a good chance. So with that being said, we impatiently waited for them to come into this world.
On August 10, 1998 at 2:33 p.m. Jayce was born. He was 3 lbs 11 oz, 17 1/2 inches. He didn't make a noise, but he was very curious about his new surroundings. Jayce was little but healthy. He stayed in the hospital for the next few weeks in an incubator with IV's and a feeding tube to help him stay warm and gain weight. He was so cute, he very rarely cried (boy how things have changed) and loved to just look around.
Alek was born just five minutes later at 2:38 p.m. he was 5 lbs 3 oz, 18 1/2 inches. Alek was a slightly different story than Jayce. First he was born breach and was all beat up from his birth. His collar bone was broken because he didn't want to be born and fought Dr. Larsen, and he wasn't breathing. After what seemed like an eternity Alek finally took his first breath. I didn't get to see him because he was rushed to the NICU, where they discovered he had Hyaline Membrance Disease. Hyaline Membrane Disease is the under development of the lungs. It is very common of the second born of premature twins. Alek was put on a respirator and life flighted to Primary Childrens Hospital. His first five days were touch and go, but Alek was stubborn and fought back(not much has changed). Everyone was shocked when he was taken off the respirator after only five days. The next few weeks he worked on getting bigger, eating, and getting rid of his jaundice.
A few LONG weeks in the hospital and nearly $300,000 later we we got to bring them home. Our lives were turned upside down, and we still haven't recovered.
I love you Jayce and Alek! You are the light of my life. I am so lucky to have two sensitive, loving boys who tell me everyday that they love me. How I got so lucky is beyond me.

Happy Birthday Boys!

No comments: