Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009



I did it, I bottled butter...

I am trying this out. I have been told by so many people that you can bottle butter and then leave it on your shelf for up to 5 years. How perfect is that?

It is super mega easy. It took me about 30 minutes. I encourage you to try it especially since Wal-mart has butter on sale this month.

I have made it a goal this year to be more self sufficient. I have learned how to make bread, I planted a FULL garden (last year I only planted a salsa garden), and I canned homemade salsa, jams, and fruits. My next two projects are pickles and canned chicken. Hopefully they turn out for me.

If any of you have fun ideas for food storage please pass them on. I love seeing my shelves in the pantry stocked full. I am a food storage freak. I really would like to have a three year supply in my pantry. But until I have a bigger pantry I am content with what I have. I can sleep at night knowing that I can feed my family if there is ever an emergency.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Looks great!!!! I bet it feels good too. I can't wait to try it. Email me the junk, would ya!

Nick and Jen said...

That is awesome! I will have to try that out. The other week I canned strawberry jam. It is so yummy and really does make you feel good. You are a great example of food storage. I want to learn more about gardening and canning.

It was fun to catch up on your blog as well. Looks like things are going well.