Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Monday, January 25, 2010


Family Dinner...
Grant and I took the boys out to dinner Saturday night. As we were waiting for our dinner we took the opportunity to talk to the boys about life, what their expectations are, and goals they have made. Alek said to me, I just want to make you proud mom. You don't have to worry about me doing "bad" things. I promise I won't!
As you can imagine I was happy and relieved to hear him say this. But what made me even happier was that my 11 year old son has already made the decision to live his life in accordance to what he is being taught. He has promised to himself, his parents, and his Heavenly Father to keep the word of wisdom.
I read somewhere about a church leader (sorry I can't remember where I read it or who the leader was) that made the decision not to break the word of wisdom at a very young age. He prayed and promised Heavenly Father that he would keep his promise no matter how difficult it may be. Through out his life his promise was put to the test. But he never faltered. And as time went on it got easier and easier for him to just say "no thank you" and found that that was a sufficient answer. Nobody ever questioned his reply and he never offered any more detail. He never broke his promise. This story came to my mind when I was talking to Alek. I know Alek and I know he is tough! He has already made the decision to not do drugs, to not drink alcohol, to serve a mission, and to get married in the temple. He knows his Heavenly Father loves him and he knows Grant and I love him and will support him and help him achieve his goals. It won't be easy for him, but I know he can do it!
I am proud of both my boys. They are an amazing example to me of Christ like love. They are kind to everyone and treat everybody with respect and love.
Jayce and Alek are meant to do great things in this life. You wait and see!
I can't express in words how grateful I am to have been blessed with such an amazing husband and two wonderful children. My life couldn't be any more perfect!

1 comment:

asm said...

I never see comments on your blog so it makes me just want to email you instead, but this time I just wanted to have proof that I avidly ready your blog. ;)
I think you are an amazing mom and I think Grant is an amazing dad. It takes two. I don't know how to say this without sounding trite, but I think you all are excellent examples of the gospel.
and for the other post. So cool to see pics of my parents!