Listen to gigglyannes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Jayce

Jayce
Sweet, funny, a hardworker, loving, kind and a good friend to anyone he meets. He will make you laugh and then say "what? What I say? What I do?" He's a very funny boy!

Alek

Alek
Sweet, calm, friendly, kind and loving. He will do whatever he can to make you happy, and strives to be a the best person he can.

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Wise man (women) once said...
The other day my friend Jennifer told me she found an amazing saying that changed the way she thought and acted. The next day she texted it to me, it said, "There is no way to happiness, Happiness is the way" My thought was, "wow, that is so true." But didn't give it any real thought. Then on Sunday as I was chatting with the Bishop (Jennifer's husband) he said "can I give you a thought to ponder?" Guess what thought he gave me? Yep, the same one. To top it off, when I was watching The Early Show this morning, believe it or not they were giving people tips on how to be happy. I think someone is trying to tell me something!
I am generally a happy person. There isn't a whole lot in this world that can get me down. However, I have my moments. I choose to be upset over silly little things and I choose to let those silly little things decide my attitude and mood for that day or (if my family is lucky) the week . So, I am pretty sure that I am being told by the powers above to change my attitude and be happy ALL the time, not just most of the time.
How can I achieve happiness all the time? Especially when things don't go the way I think they should?
Here is a simple guide that I have come up with to help me:
* Be optimistic
* Follow my gut
* stay close to my friends and family
* think happy thoughts
* smile
* don't take things to heart
* practice acts of kindness
* practice forgiveness
* love myself
* relax and do what I enjoy
* BE GRATEFUL!!!
* Most importantly, Remember that I am a Child of God!

When Jared passed away, the Elders Quorum President in our ward gave me a book by John Bytheway. The title of the book is "How to be totally miserable" It is a wonderful book full of thoughts and wisdom from prophets, and church leaders. My most favorite quote is found in this book. It is quoted from President Hinckley "Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others...By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are only thinking of ourselves."
What comes to your mind when you read that? What came to my mind was "ouch". I must not be losing myself in service if President Hinckley's quote stung a little. I don't want to be miserable. I love to be happy, and love to help others. I have been given the tools. Now all I need to do is "Just Do It!" as President Kimball has told us!
It is true, "there is no way to happiness" but there are a few things we can do each day, and every moment of our lives to help us remember that "happiness is the way".
I am choosing to be happy! Take it or leave it! This is me!

No comments: